WLSC offers a beautiful 18 metre Deck Level Swimming Pool with a depth of 1.1m to 1.30m, 2 Lanes are provided for swimming lengths of the pool & the rest is left open for your own enjoyment, whether it’s a lazy swim, lengths or a splash around with the kids our pool is ideal.
Swimming is a fantastic activity, which is not only one of the best forms of exercise, but also a lot of fun too! Swimming works the whole body, improving cardiovascular systems, muscle strengthening, endurance and flexibility all at the same time. In the water there is no stress on the bones or the joints making swimming a great rehabilitation activity as well as excellent for those who suffer from conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis etc.
We provide Swimming Lessons for all age groups from Beginners right up to Advanced.
One of our most popular classes! Exercise to music in the Water, we offer 2 Morning (Tuesday and Thursday) and 2 Evening (Monday and Wednesday) Classes, where an Instructor will take you through a range of exercises to target every area of the body.
Classes last an hour and are a fun way to get fit and Tone, Tone, Tone! Our aqua workouts are safe and enjoyable without impact to the joints. Even people who suffer from arthritis may want to give these classes a try! You don’t have to be a swimmer to participate.
Private Aqua Groups
If you have a group who are interested in doing Private Aqua Classes we can organise this for you. We take Private groups from 8 to 25 participants; classes can be booked for 30 minutes up to one hour sessions for any number of weeks. Contact us directly for more details.
The Sauna’s benefits are numerous. Not least because it is so relaxing and leaves your body soothed and your mind serene. It’s main advantage lies in the fact that it promotes sweating, helping the body to rid itself of toxins. It is also believed that exposure of the skin to heat stimulates the production of white blood cells and strengthens the immune system.
Other benefits of the sauna include:
- Improved blood circulation – the sauna increases and improves the rate of blood circulation and breathing.
- Weight loss – a Sauna is similar to mild exercise, it burns about 300 calories per average session. Regular sauna treatments combined with a healthy diet and moderate exercise will help you lose weight and stay fit and healthy.
- Skin cleansing – A profuse sauna-induced sweat followed by a shower cleanses your skin far more thoroughly than just taking a shower. It makes it soft and healthy with immediately noticeable effects.
- Body relaxation – Stress build-up creates tension in the body manifesting in various aches and pains. The heat and humidity of the sauna diffuses the pain and relaxes tired muscles. A sauna in the evening will leave tense muscles and sore limbs totally relaxed. Sauna also temporarily relieves arthritic pain.
- Mind relaxation – the sauna is essentially a place to relax. Regular sauna adepts all agree that it effectively helps relieve physical and mental fatigue and stress.
The sauna enhances circulation and oxygenates the cells, tissues and organs. It increases the body’s ability to produce energy, which promotes healing. At the same time, heating the tissues speeds up the metabolism. Your cells are gradually capable of eliminating toxins much more effectively.
Most people associate steam baths with relaxation or skin look-and-feel improvements, but steam room benefits may also include:
- relief from muscle tension and stiff joints
- boosting the immune system
- lymph detoxification
- blood circulation improvement
- sinus congestion relief
Regular use of a steam room can also help to improve your health and appearance. Both sauna and steam baths are therapeutic, but the high moisture content in a steam room is especially good for respiratory problems.
For generations, doctors have recommended breathing steam for all kinds of respiratory issues.Do you have any respiratory ailments? Give steam bathing a try. You just might like the results. Of course if you have high blood pressure or other conditions, make sure you consult your doctor first!
Steam baths have been proven to be effective for conditions including:
Steam can also help clear allergens and mucus from your lungs.